The NARPM Annual Convention and Trade Show Overview
Every year, the National Association of Residential Property Managers gathers for a several-day event to network, strategize, learn, and discuss major trends affecting the industry. The 2022 NARPM conference, “Pivot Into The Future” is focused on learning about and dealing with some of the major trends affecting property management in the next few years.
Where: This year’s convention will take place at the chic and glamorous Paris Las Vegas Hotel, located right in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, which includes a pool, fitness center, spa, and more. With its 530-foot-tall replica of the Eiffel Tower, its Arc de Triomphe, and the world-class shopping along Le Boulevard, Paris Las Vegas is one of the more sophisticated destinations in Las Vegas.
When: Events at the 34th NARPM Annual Convention and Trade Show begin on Monday, October 17th and the trade show floor opens the following day on Tuesday, October 18th. The show will run through Thursday, October 20th.
34th NARPM Annual Convention Highlights & Must-Sees
Past Presidents’ Charity Fundraiser – Golf to support Make-A-Wish Foundation: This charity fundraiser, held off-site and not included in your registration, is raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation through golfing! This golf fundraiser is happening Monday, October 17th from 12pm-3pm PST at TopGolf (4627 Koval Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89109). The President’s Celebration Reception (Monday, October 17th from 6pm-9pm PST) is covered by your full registration fee and will be held in the pool area of the Paris Las Vegas hotel - it'll be a great chance to meet friends and have fun the night before the trade show floor opens.
NARPM® Opening Keynote Session: Rock Star Life in the Entertainment World and Making Money with Real Estate Investments with Rob Van Winkle: Learning about real estate investing with Vanilla Ice? Sign us up! This Keynote Session is open to all and will take place from 9:15am-10:25am PST on Tuesday, October 18th.
NARPM® General Session: Anatomy of High-Performing PMs: Transformative Best Practices from the 2022 NARPM Benchmark Study with Daniel Craig: Mark your calendars for 9:00am-10:15am PST on Thursday, October 20th because you’re not going to want to miss this! After months of surveying and data collection, Daniel Craig will reveal the best practices and benchmarks for more than a dozen different metrics that are important to your property management business.
#BeatTheBenchmark 2022: Speaking of benchmarks... The NARPM Annual Convention may be mostly about the long-term strategies, numbers, mindsets, but who said numbers can't have a short-term payoff? Don't miss the #BeatTheBenchmark game throughout the vendor hall! Sign up here for details and get ready to play for over $10,000 in prizes! Showdigs will be sponsoring the Total Labor Efficiency benchmark — stop by Booth #1 to place your wager for a chance to win a $500 Airbnb gift card!
NARPM® Keynote General Session: The SEAT of Success with Marilyn Sherman: We’re lucky to have Marilyn Sherman, a highly sought-after keynote speaker and author who is driven to move her audiences out of her comfort zone and into the life that brings greater fulfillment, as this year’s keynote speaker on Wednesday, October 19th from 11:00am-12:00pm PST. Sherman was inducted into the National Speaker Association’s CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame in 2018 and is the author of four motivational books including “Is There A Hole In Your Bucket List? “, “Whose Comfort Zone Are You In?”, “Why Settle for the Balcony, how to get a Front-Row Seat in Life” and “Front-Row Service”.
Workshops we’re interested in
- Surf, Survive, Drown: Lessons from the Experience Economy
Tuesday, October 18th at 10:30am-11:20am PST
- The 4 Trends Impacting the Property Management Industry in the Next 5 Years
Tuesday, October 18th at 2:30pm-3:20pm PST
- The 8th Annual State of the Property Management Industry Report
Wednesday, October 19th at 1:30pm-2:30pm PST
- 3.5 Reasons Why Proptech is Just Fintech with a “P”: What to Expect in the New Proptech Driven EconomyThursday, October 20th at 11:00am-11:50am PST
- Women’s Council Conference – Empowering Women in Leadership
(Separate registration and additional fee to attend) Friday, October 21st at 8:00am-12:00pm PST
Trade show booths we’re excited to visit (View the Floor Plan)
- Showdigs, Booth #1
- ProfitCoach, Booth #26
- Fourandhalf Marketing, Booth #25
- OnSight Pros, Booth #3
- Second Nature, Booth #16
What to Do (and Eat) While in Las Vegas
A neon-soaked oasis in the middle of a sprawling desert, Las Vegas, Nevada is home to some of the best night life, food, and live entertainment in the US. Simply strolling the Strip can transport you to Paris, New York City, Egypt or Venice!
What to do in Vegas
If you’re looking for the best view of Sin City, look no further than The STRAT Observation Deck, the tallest freestanding observation tower in the US. If you’d prefer to stay on the ground, visit the Shark Reef Aquarium in Mandalay Bay, or make your way downtown for the Fremont Street Experience! Boasting the world’s largest video display, Fremont Street lies under a 1,500 ft screen which plays a light show with concert-quality music every hour on the hour from 6PM to 1AM. Click here for the ultimate Vegas bucket list!
What to eat (and drink) in Vegas
Las Vegas is home to restaurants from renowned chefs like Gordon Ramsay, Tom Colicchio, and Bobby Flay, to name a few. With cuisines from all around the world, it’s the perfect opportunity to try something new! Searching for a unique cocktail experience? Pop into Nacho Daddy if you can handle their world-famous scorpion shot: a shot of Cenote Reposado garnished with salt, lime, and a (dead, but edible) scorpion. For an arachnid-free buzz, visit Chandelier in The Cosmopolitan for a different lineup of signature cocktails on each floor with a dazzling 7 million faceted crystals as your backdrop. Check out places to eat in Las Vegas!
Your Guide to Getting the Most out of a Conference
You paid your registration fee, booked your flights and hotel, and arranged coverage for while you’re out of office - now it’s time to get the most out of your time at the 2022 NARPM Annual Convention and Trade Show. This guide is to help you do just that!
This information can be applied to any trade show, conference, or convention so be sure to bookmark this page so you can easily refer back to it at any time! Here's what's covered:
- Packing for a conference
- Networking at a conference
- Finding new software, solutions, and vendors at a conference
- Having fun at a conference
- What not to do at a conference
Packing for a Conference
- Of course you’ll start by packing the usual: clothes (layers are key!), a jacket (depending on when/where you’re going), your phone, laptop, etc.
- Don’t forget to also bring your mask (per COVID regulations), extra pens, a notebook, business cards, an extra charger, and hand sanitizer.
Networking at a Conference
- Networking - people either love it or hate it. Regardless, it’s a necessary and worthwhile part of conferences because it can lead to meaningful business connections, the sharing of ideas, and new friendships!
- It’s good to figure out who you want to meet with before getting to the conference - you’ll be able to prepare a game plan to make the most of your time and impress who you’re talking to by doing your research ahead of time.
- Reach out to your network to see who’s planning to attend the conference, follow the conference/hashtag on social media, and check the agenda to have a better idea of who will be there.
Finding New Software, Solutions, and Vendors at a Conference
- Not every booth will have something useful to you or your business, so it’s a good idea to study the floor plan ahead of time and make a list of which booths are worth stopping at.
- It’s important to to use your time at the conference to really evaluate your business as a whole. Rethink your current processes and be open to learning from new industry trends.
- Helpful tip: Make a list of two or three things in your day-to-day business operations that you either really don’t like to do or that take up too much of your time - odds are these are tasks that can either be automated or outsourced. Keep an eye out for vendors who could fill in those gaps, and have conversations with those reps at the conference! They can give you all sorts of free advice, and you may even walk away with the perfect solution.
Having Fun at a Conference
- Conferences shouldn’t be 100% about work! Attend happy hours, schedule coffee meet ups, and fit in some local sightseeing.
- Trade shows and conventions are usually filled with all sorts of raffles and giveaways - enter all of them if you can! Vendors usually bring tons of swag to events like this and love to give it away as prizes. Be sure to participate in the 2022 #BeatTheBenchmark game for your chance to win over $10,000 in prizes, including a $3,000 cash prize from ProfitCoach. Showdigs is a proud sponsor of the Total Labor Efficiency metric — stop by Booth #1 to place your wager for a chance to win a $500 Airbnb getaway!
What Not to Do at a Conference
- Don’t go to a conference without a plan - making the most out of a conference means being smart about your time and planning ahead. You only get these opportunities once a year (if that!), and the last thing you want to do is waste the time and money you spent getting there.
- Don’t expect to do everything on your list - a plan is great for maximizing your time, however, things come up and you might not be able to check everything off your list. It’s best to prioritize the things that matter most to you and your business and leave some wiggle room for spontaneity.
- Don’t just stick with your clique - catching up with old friends at conferences is the best, especially after a pandemic has cancelled almost two years worth of plans for everyone. Spend time with your people, but make sure to also spend some time networking, learning, and meeting new people.